When you run an IGC program with Mavrck, influencers create high-quality, engaging content on behalf of your brand - and it doesn’t have to end there. This content should be a driving force behind your editorial calendar and can add value in a variety of customer-facing communications. The possibilities are endless. Need some ideas?
- Repost influencer images on your brand social channels.
- Create a hub where influencer content can live on your website.
- Have a rotating influencer feature in your brand newsletters or make a new newsletter designed to showcase influencer content to inspire your customers.
- Build your social media editorial calendar around seasonal influencer content.
- Put paid support behind reposts of IGC on your brand social channels.
- Repurpose influencer testimonials on a dedicated page of your website.
- Leverage insights gained through your partnerships in marketing materials, advertisements and future creative and product decisions.
Generally speaking, influencers love being featured by brand partners. Just don’t forget to respect the individual and their creative work in the process.
A few best practices to keep in mind:
- Be upfront. If you plan on repurposing content from a program, tell the influencers before hand. This way they know your intentions and can approach their assignment accordingly. Oftentimes, when influencers know this is a possibility, they will create their absolute best work in hopes of being featured. If advanced notice isn’t possible, just tell the individual who created the content that you plan to share it before you do.
- Keep the original. Influencers invest in their content and take a lot of pride in their individual styles. It is important that their content is an accurate representation of their own personal brand, so do not make any changes to the content. If something absolutely has to change in order for you to repurpose it, ask the influencer for their permission first.
- Credit the creator. Always attribute the work to the influencer who created it. Link to the original content whenever possible and tag the influencer’s account in both the image and description. Doing so builds strong relationships and helps influencers grow their followings - it’s a win-win.