Driving clicks is an important part of any influencer marketing strategy.
Mavrck's tracking link features (also known as Amplify Content) enable you to easily track clicks from an influencer's audience, using unique links generated in campaigns.
Tracking links can record both clicks and conversions, including the value of those conversions when applicable.
Capabilities & Setup
Mavrck tracks the number of unique clicks on each tracking link generated in the platform, as well as the number of conversions completed through each link and the conversion values.
Tracking links can be easily generated within campaigns, either in bulk, by adding the same target URL for all influencers in a campaign, or individually, by adding influencer-specific URLs. For step-by-step instructions, see Tracking Links.
How does it work?
|Generate unique tracking links for influencers in campaigns||Influencers share links with their audiences||Clicks and conversions are tracked in Mavrck|
Tracking clicks requires no technical setup or integration.
Simply create tracking links in campaigns, tell influencers to share their unique links, and see how many clicks are driven by each one.
Tracking conversions requires a simple technical setup, detailed here: Conversion Tracking Setup
Mavrck will provide you with two short snippets of code to install on your website:
- The first code snippet needs to be installed on the landing page (this should be the page you want users to land on when they click the tracking link).
- The second code snippet needs to be installed on the page users reach after completing the conversion (e.g. a purchase confirmation page).
Once installed, these code snippets will record each time a user who clicked a tracking link completes a conversion (e.g. completes a purchase).
You can also track the value of each conversion, which may be dynamic, like the specific value of each purchase driven, or a fixed value, like $5 per conversion.
The following information is available for each tracking link and each influencer at both the campaign level and the program level:
- Number of unique clicks
- Number of conversions
- Value of conversions
Once the conversion code snippets are installed, users who click the tracking links will be ‘cookied’ for 4 weeks. This means that any conversions that occur using the same device and browser will be recorded for 4 weeks after the user initially clicked on the link.
Reporting on Clicks and Conversions Performance
Clicks and conversions are not directly linked to specific pieces of content. The total clicks and conversions associated with a tracking link may come from any source where the link was shared.
If you wish to track the performance of the same link across different networks or content types, generate multiple tracking links with the same target URL.
- Campaign-level: Use the campaign performance report to view the sum total of clicks, conversions, and conversion value across all influencers and all links.
- Influencer-level: Navigate to the Tracking Links tab of an influencer's campaign details panel to view the data associated with each of their unique links. Export an influencer's profile from the Influencers section of the platform to view their lifetime clicks and conversion totals, across all campaigns in your program.
- Program-level: Use the Reports tab to report on the sum of total clicks, conversions, and conversion value across all campaigns in your program over time.
Mavrck uses a third-party service provider called Everflow to generate tracking links and track clicks and conversions.
Through our use of Everflow, we can also receive information such as anonymized IP addresses and the time and date that conversions were made; however, this information is not included in the platform.
To better understand the process of tracking clicks and conversions, see the following example of a tracking link added at the campaign level. For step-by-step instructions, see Tracking Links.
- A target URL is added, like a product page or category on your website.
- Mavrck generates a unique tracking link version of that URL for each influencer to use.
- Influencer 1 is assigned brand.mvk.co/abc12
- Influencer 2 is assigned brand.mvk.co/xyz89 , etc.
- Unique links are given to influencers through the campaign manager or messages.
- Instructions to influencer: "Your unique tracking link is brand.mvk.co/abc12 . Post this link on your Story."
- Influencers post their unique tracking links alongside campaign content.
- Influencer content: "Click here to check out the summer sale! brand.mvk.co/abc12 "
- Viewers click on the unique tracking link and Mavrck records a page visit.
- brand.mvk.co/abc12 is tracked and Mavrck registers a page visit, but viewers never see this page
- Viewers are immediately redirected to the target URL, appended with the influencer's ID.
- Some viewers stay on the site and make conversions, like purchases or sign-ups.
- If installed, the Mavrck code snippet records that a conversion was made from the specific influencer's link. If applicable, Mavrck records the value of the conversion.
|Add a target URL with a preview image, labels, and description|
Unique links are displayed to each influencer in the campaign manager or messages
|View the specific performance of each tracking link in the influencers' campaign details|
View overall performance on the campaign performance report
For step-by-step instructions to create, distribute, and report on tracking links, see Tracking Links.