As your influencer marketing practice grows, you will undoubtedly want to acquire more influencers into your community. Adding more influencers to your community increases participation in activities, provides additional insight and allows you to reach a larger audience. As a best practice, you should start by creating an always-on IGC program application that you can direct influencers to. From there, several things can be done to increase the size of your community and acquire more influencers, from adding plugins to your brand website, to paid social and refer a friend initiatives, and they range in complexity and commitment. Here are our top recommendations.
Send “refer a friend” emails
- Influencers have strong networks, and chances are that if you find one who is a good fit for your brand, she will have suggestions for others who will be too. Asking influencers to refer friends is a common and beneficial practice. Like all of us, influencers trust their friends and will take interest in opportunities with brands that they have direct experience with. This strategy can be employed before or after an influencer has been accepted into an IGC program and can be customized to fit your unique needs.
Host always-on IGC campaign application on website
- If you get a lot of traffic to your website, adding the always-on IGC application to your homepage can help direct your existing customers to join your community. A call to action can be added through an embedded link or as the name of a new tab where the application lives.
Create social media ads promoting always-on IGC campaign application
- Chances are you have some great content from your influencer partnerships that can be repurposed into Instagram or Facebook ads. Use these ads to promote and share your IGC application link. Putting targeted paid support behind an ad like this will get your name in front of potential new customers in a way that immediately offers them an opportunity to engage with your brand.
Put a link in your brand Instagram bio
- Putting a link in your brand Instagram bio is a simple way to increase traffic to an always on IGC campaign application. Call out what the application is for and make the link a bit.ly to shorten it and keep your bio clean. Then you can also call out the link in your bio in posts to promote the program.
Post a link in an Instagram story with the swipe-up feature
- Just like when putting a link in your bio, tell your followers what the link is for and provide a simple explanation of what the program is. This option also allows you to get creative and share an image, so have fun with it.
Add an application link to all brand emails that are sent to customers
- Capitalize on the outreach that your brand is already doing and add a simple call to action in your CRM emails that directs customers to the application for your always on program. This can be a featured section that highlights some of your favorite IGC posts or a simple line in the footer depending on the design of your emails.