Marketers and influencers can associate Instagram content with connected Instagram accounts. This allows for improved influencer level reporting across campaigns, such as comparing the engagement rate for content created during the campaign to an influencer’s other content.
When marketers manually report Instagram content on behalf of an influencer, they will be prompted to associate that content with an account. Marketers have the ability to associate content with any of an influencer’s connected Instagram accounts, or they can choose to manually enter reach, average engagements, and average engagement rate for the account.
Influencers can associate self-reported Instagram Stories with one of their connected Instagram accounts, but they cannot manually report metrics because they cannot be independently validated by the platform. Responsibility for validating and manually updating account-level engagement metrics for self-reported content belongs to marketers, and they are encouraged to continue communicating with influencers to determine those figures.
A few caveats:
- It is important to select the correct account with which to associate content. Once associated with an account, content cannot be associated with a different account. If the correct account is unknown or has not been connected, then the ability to manually update account-level engagement metrics will be available to marketers until an account is selected.
- Whereas marketers can associate Instagram posts and stories with Instagram accounts, influencers can associate their accounts with Instagram stories only. Marketers will continue to be notified of self-reported Instagram posts and be prompted to validate and associate that content with an account.
- The platform will use the provided post link of a manually-entered Instagram post to try to determine the account with which to associate it.
- Every connected account’s reach, average engagements, and average engagement rate are known by the platform. They cannot be edited.
- Currently, account-content association is limited to Instagram content.