The goal of this update was to rethink campaign copying in a way that would provide the marketer with a valuable (i.e. time saving and reliable) copy action in the near term, while setting up the ability to facilitate more complex and customized copy methods in the future.
At the time of this release, the copy feature is focused primarily on the Marketing Plan and Message Templates portion of campaign setup. When initiating a copy, users will be prompted with a dialog asking them to enter a name and description for the new campaign.
The remainder of the copy is automatic, requiring no further effort from the marketer.
Items that are copied:
- Name (default is: "Copy of [original name]")
- Description (default is copy of original description)
- All templates from original campaign
- Any/all custom copy, imagery or use of merge tags
- All delivery settings including all parameters set for automatic delivery
- Workflow stages that are enabled in the original campaign will be enabled in the copied campaign
- Any disabled stages are available to enable in the Setup tab of the campaign
- Title (taken from new campaign as assigned during the copy)
- Images, and instructions (only if they were set on the original campaign)
Items that are NOT copied
- Influencer Requirements
- The remainder of the application, including survey questions
In the future we will be looking to build additional capabilities to offer more robust copying of campaigns, including the ability for a marketer to select which portions of the campaign setup they would like to copy.
If you have any questions, issues, or suggestions, please let us know.