Note: These instructions apply to Instagram business accounts and creator accounts that are connected to a page on Facebook.
To connect an Instagram business account, Facebook requires that the account is connected to a page on Facebook.
Part 1 - Confirm your account is connected to a page on Facebook:
- Log in to your Instagram business account.
- Go to your Instagram profile and click the Menu icon.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Click Sharing to Other Apps and select Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook login information, if you have not signed in previously.
- By default, your Instagram account will link to your personal Facebook profile - to link to a page instead, click Share To and choose a page that you manage.
Part 2 - Once you have confirmed your account is connected to a page on Facebook, open the application link or reconnect accounts link:
- On the account connection screen, click Connect/Reconnect/Add New in the row for Instagram.
- An overview of the account connection process will open, click Business to proceed.
- A Facebook pop-up window will open, click "Edit Settings" if it is an option; otherwise, click Continue as [Your Name].
- If the Facebook window doesn't open, your web browser may be blocking it. Look in the address bar of your browser for a "Pop-up blocked" message and allow the pop-up to open.
- Enable all the requested settings for your Instagram business account and the Facebook page it is connected to, then click Done.
- The Facebook pop-up will close and your Instagram business account will be connected.
If you have multiple business accounts, select the one you want to connect from the dropdown menu
Not working? Troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your Instagram is connected to a Facebook page; connecting to your personal Facebook profile will not work.
- Check if your web browser is blocking pop-up windows; the most important authorization steps take place in a pop-up from Facebook.
- If you're not seeing a list of settings in the Facebook window, make sure you are selecting Edit Settings when the window opens.
Don’t have a business account yet? Learn how to set one up here.