To connect an Instagram business account with our program, Facebook requires that the account is connected to a page on Facebook.
Part 1 - Confirm your account is connected to a page on Facebook:
- Log in to your Instagram business account
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the Menu icon
- Click the Settings icon
- Click "Account" > "Linked Accounts", then select Facebook
- If you haven't already, enter your Facebook login information
- By default, your Instagram account will link to your personal Facebook profile - to link to a page instead, click "Share To" and choose a page that you manage
Part 2 - Once you have confirmed your account is connected to a page on Facebook, open the application link or reconnect accounts link:
- On the account connection screen, click "Connect", "Reconnect", or "Add New" in the row for Instagram
- An overview of the account connection process will open, click "Business" to proceed
- A Facebook pop-up window will open, click "Edit Settings" if it is an option; otherwise, click "Continue as [Your Name]"
- If the Facebook window doesn't open, check your address bar for a "Pop-up blocked" message and allow the pop-up to open
- Enable all the requested settings for your Instagram business account and the Facebook page it is connected to, then click "Done"
- The Facebook pop-up will close and your Instagram business account will be connected
If you have multiple business accounts, select the one you want to connect from the dropdown menu
Not working? Troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your Instagram is connected to a Facebook page; connecting to your regular Facebook account will not work
- Check if your web browser is blocking pop-up windows; the most important authorization steps take place in a pop-up from Facebook
- If you're not seeing a list of settings in the Facebook window, make sure you are selecting "Edit Settings" when the window opens
Don’t have a business account yet? Learn how to set one up here.