Snapchat: Disclosure Do's & Don'ts
- Disclosure should be superimposed on the first Snap of a series of Stories. Sequential stories only require disclosure at the beginning of the series.
- Disclosure should include the words or hashtags “sponsored,” “ad,” or “paid” in addition to tagging the sponsoring brand in clear, easy-to-read text.
- If the content is a video, verbally disclose sponsored content using phrases like “This post was sponsored by…”
- Use ambiguous language like #sp, #collab or only branded hashtags.
- Make written disclosures too brief or hide them in the same color as the background.
- Fail to verbally state that the content is sponsored in a video.
Check out our Disclosures on Incentivized Sponsored Posts Guide to learn more!