TikTok: Disclosure Do's & Don'ts
- Include written disclosures in the caption of a video within the first 150 characters.
- Include clear and unambiguous language, using the words or hashtags “sponsored,” “ad,” or “paid” in addition to tagging the sponsoring brand.
- Use ambiguous language like #sp, #collab, branded hashtags, “Thanks to…” or “Video made possible by…”
- Hide the written disclosure at the bottom of the description.
- Make written disclosures too brief or not tag the brand.
- Fail to include written and/or verbal disclosure in the video itself.
Check out our Disclosures on Incentivized Sponsored Posts Guide to learn more!