Ratings & Reviews: Disclosure Do's & Don'ts
- Any time there is a “material” connection between a reviewer and a product manufacturer (i.e., receiving product, money, or having a relationship with the manufacturer), there needs to be a clear disclaimer that describes the connection.
- Disclosure best practices should include the details of how you received the product - if you got the product for free, for a discount, or because you’re an affiliate.
- Include language that discloses the nature of the partnership. Wording can be along the lines of “I received this product for free in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.”
- Failing to disclose the nature of the partnership through not including how you received the product.
- Bury the information disclosing the nature of the partnership at the very bottom of the review.
Check out our Disclosures on Incentivized Sponsored Posts Guide to learn more!