Amazon Affiliate Links: FTC Sponsored Content Disclosures - Do's & Don'ts
Amazon Affiliate Links: Disclosure Do's & Don'ts
- Disclose your relationship to Amazon. A reader must be able to know, after reading your disclaimer page or comment, that you use affiliate links and that you get paid when a user clicks on your links.
- Disclosure must be clear and conspicuous in writing. It’s acceptable to say something as simple as “I make a commission for purchases made through the following link.”
- Disclosure must be placed prominently and as close to the affiliate link itself in such a way that by the time a user notices or clicks on the link, they can also easily notice the disclaimer.
- Use ambiguous language like “affiliate link” or “affiliate program” - not everyone knows what those programs are or what happens when a user clicks on a link.\
- Bury the information disclosing the affiliate link on a random page, such as the “About Us” or “Information” pages nor should the disclosure be placed at the bottom of pages.