Merge tags are short bits of code that allow you to insert unique influencer data and custom links into message templates and other emails.
- Using Merge Tags
- List of Merge Tags by Category
Using Merge Tags
Merge tags can be inserted into message templates, new messages, canned responses, and replies.
To insert a merge tag, navigate to the desired message template, new message, canned response, or reply, and open the editor. Click the <> icon to open the merge tag menu and select a merge tag to insert.
Note that the default message templates in new campaigns also include placeholders in square brackets which are not merge tags — i.e. [Insert Brand Name] — and do not change when sent to influencers. Please update all placeholders in square brackets prior to sending message templates.
Outside of Campaigns
Campaign-specific merge tags cannot be used in messages sent outside of a campaign. A limited selection of merge tags is available to use in these message types, which include canned responses and new messages from the inbox.
For example, if you are creating a canned response or a new message from the inbox, you cannot insert merge tags for due dates, binding hashtags, or campaign names as they are all campaign-specific.
Merge tags are not available when replying to messages in the general inquiries folder.
List of Merge Tags by Category
- Membership ID
- First name
- Last name
- Street address
- Street alt
- Phone number
- Instagram handle
- Campaign name
- Draft due date
- Content due date
- Binding hashtag
- FTC hashtag
- Application link
- This merge tag populates as the phrase "APPLY NOW". The same link is sent to all recipients.
- To customize the link text, click the link and use the pencil icon to edit.
Unique Campaign Links
These merge tags generate a unique URL for each recipient and should not be sent outside of the Platform or copied between influencers.
These merge tags populate as the word "here" with a hyperlink to the associated page. To customize the link text, click the link and use the pencil icon to edit.
- Campaign List (ICM List view)
- Campaign Details (ICM Campaign view)
- Reconnect Accounts link
- Confirm Participation link
- Select Post Status link
- Self-Report Content link
- Draft Content link
Deliverables & Incentives
Certain merge tags are only available when your campaign has been set up with relevant deliverables or incentives.
- Review submission links
- For campaigns with review deliverables, a merge tag is generated for each product's review form.
- Merge tag name: "Product review: [product name]"
- Tracking links
- For campaigns with Amplify Content deliverables, a unique merge tag is generated for each link.
- Merge tag name: "[link description] (Tracking link)"
- Promo code incentives
- For campaigns with promo code incentives, each influencer is randomly assigned a code from the uploaded list.
- Merge tag name: "Promo code: [incentive description]"
- Tracking numbers for product incentives
- For campaigns with product incentives, a merge tag is generated for each tracking number from the uploaded list.
- Merge tag name: "Tracking number: [incentive description]"
When influencer properties have been created with the merge tag option enabled, there will be an additional folder of merge tag options next to the merge tag menu. Click the star icon in the message editor to select an influencer property and insert the influencer's response into their message. If an influencer has not provided an influencer property, the field will be blank.
For example, if an influencer has provided their shoe size as an influencer property titled "shoe size" you may send a message like, "Your sneakers in size "shoe_size" are on their way!"