Connecting your social accounts enables the platform to track your content and metrics automatically.
Social account connections take place via the account connection module, which is included on all campaign application forms and also in the influencer campaign manager (ICM).
Instagram Account Types
Different Instagram account types connect with Mavrck differently. Figure out which connection type is right for you below.
Connect an Instagram Business account
- First, make sure your Instagram account is connected to a Facebook Page that you manage.
- See instructions here: Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page
- Note: Enabling the "share to" setting when connecting your Facebook Page does not automatically share any posts from your Instagram to your Facebook Page; the "share to" setting is instead used to establish the connection between your Instagram and Facebook Page.
- Open the application form or ICM for the relevant campaign.
- In the account connection module, click Connect/Reconnect in the row for Instagram.
- Select Business in the pop-up message.
- Enter your Facebook log-in and click Edit Settings, if the option is present. If it is your first time connecting, click Continue as Your Name.
- Turn on all settings for your Instagram account and click Next.
- Turn on all settings for the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram and click Next.
- Enable all remaining settings and click Done.
If nothing happens after Step 4, Facebook's pop-up window is blocked by your browser or device. Check the address bar for a 'pop-up blocked' notification and allow the window to open.
If your Instagram is not displayed at Step 5, it is not properly connected to a Facebook Page. See Step 1.
Reconnection & Reminder Emails
Business connections expire after 90 days to keep your account secure. Changing your password will also expire the connection immediately.
If you're participating in a campaign when the connection expires, you'll receive an automated email reminder to reconnect your account, with the subject line "Expired Instagram Business access for [Brand] collaboration".
If you're not in a campaign when the connection expires, you'll be prompted to reconnect the next time you apply for a campaign.
Which way should I connect my Instagram account?
|Business Connection||Personal Connection|
- Business accounts are free to create and there is no minimum follower count or other restrictions.
- Stories can only be tracked automatically while the account connection is active — be sure to reconnect if necessary before posting Stories for a campaign.