An incentive is any type of payment or gift provided to influencers for their participation in a campaign.
Incentive functionality enables you to easily manage the different forms of payment you may provide and calculate cost-based performance metrics.
- Cash: Send cash through the PayPal or Stripe integrations, or offline
- Gift card: Send a digital gift card through the Tango Card integration, or offline
- Product: Track status, report cost, and manage shipping information
- Promo code: Distribute randomly-assigned promo codes and report cost
- Other: Report costs and track status of different forms of payment
For a detailed overview of each incentive type, follow the links above or see the Incentive Types section.
Mavrck offers integrations to create and fulfill incentives without leaving the platform: PayPal and Stripe for cash payments and Tango Card for digital gift cards.
For a detailed overview of integration options, see Incentive Integrations.
With Tango Card, you have the choice of using a Mavrck-owned account or integrating with your own account:
- Using a Mavrck-owned account greatly streamlines the setup process. A 10% processing fee is applied to all transactions, but all fees from the payment provider are absorbed by Mavrck.
- Connecting with your own account provides greater control. There are no fees charged by Mavrck, but you are responsible for any and all fees charged by Tango Card.
With PayPal or Stripe, you can use a Mavrck-owned account.
Incentives can only be created within campaigns and are always associated with a specific influencer. There are three ways to create incentives.
- Campaign-level: Same incentive for all influencers who participate
- If all the influencers participating in a campaign will receive the same incentive, it should be added to the campaign setup. An incentive is created for each influencer as they are added to the campaign.
- Influencer-specific: Individual incentives created for specific influencers
- Individual incentives can be added to specific influencers in campaigns. Influencer-specific incentives can be used in addition to campaign-level incentives or in place of them.
- Rate & Concept: Individual incentives created in the amount requested by influencers
- The rate feature, which requires influencers to submit their rate for the campaign on the application form, creates an individual incentive in the amount of each influencer's quoted rate.
All incentives have a fulfillment status. The fulfillment status of an incentive is automatically updated as the influencer it is associated with moves through the workflow.
Incentive fulfillment statuses are used to accurately report costs, track progress against a budget, and ensure that incentives are fulfilled at the right time.
Incentive fulfillment statuses range from Pending, when incentives are unconfirmed, to Ready, when they are owed to the influencer, to Fulfilled, when they have been sent.
For a detailed overview, see Incentive Fulfillment.
Incentive details are displayed in the influencer campaign manager (ICM). You can also share incentive information in messages, with some details supported by merge tags that insert unique information for specific recipients.
Incentives that can be fulfilled through an integration with Mavrck, such as PayPal/Stripe cash payments or Tango Card gift cards, are delivered to influencers via email. The appearance of these messages is detailed in each of their individual articles.
An influencer-facing guide to incentives is available in the article Payment.